In 1945/46, former polish forced workers erected this memorial to honor polish victims of the Second World War. Being so called Displaced Persons, they were housed in the former Priesterwald Barracks along Charlottenstraße (today's Schwabenhof area).
At the end of the 1990s, the former barracks were demolished. The iron cross was relocated to a small park along Charlottenstraße. A new inscription in the ground was added, explaining:
Using pieces of the ruins of Heilbronn, polish forced workers erected this cross in 1945/46, after their liberation. Standing in the DP's camp on Fleiner Höhe, the cross commemorated their compatriots who did not survive the Second World War.
September 9th, 2000